If you haven’t “made it” online yet, then 2012 is going to be the year you achieve your dreams.
And in this blog post I’m going to reveal an action plan you can follow to create a $250+ per day passive income.
Start on January 2nd (January 1st can be hangover day!) and work your way through this plan throughout the year.
Here it is…
1. Pick a topic that you can blog about.
For example, gadgets, photography, men’s health, women’s health, beauty, fitness, gardening, money, home improvement, dogs, cats, food and drink, real estate, travel, stocks, self-improvement, gaming, business etc.
You could even pick a target market rather than a topic – for example a blog for men, or a blog for women, or a blog for teenagers, or for OAPs.
Pick a topic that you enjoy, or know a lot about.
2. Set up a WordPress blog on a memorable domain name and configure it to be optimized for the search engines.
Have a theme designed or download an existing WordPress theme – either free or paid. A Google Search will provide you lots of different WordPress themes.
Customize the design and install social sharing buttons. I use ShareThis.
Get an autoresponder account, such as Aweber, and place an opt-in form in a prominent position on your blog. Perhaps have a pop over form, too. (A pop over converts really well). I’ve also found that giving away a free report increases conversions monumentally but you can do this later on.
Add some form of monetization to your blog – such as Google Adsense or some Amazon affiliate links.
Now you have a nicely designed, well optimized, blog ready to generate traffic and revenue.
1. Using the Google Keyword Tool, find a search term that gets 500+ searches per month based on the topic or target market of your blog. Write a high quality blog post that targets this keyphrase. Include monetization within the post by perhaps linking to a relevant Amazon product.
Everything we do for the rest of the day is designed to drive traffic back to our blog or blog post and increase its search engine ranking.
2. Send your email subscribers, Twitter followers and Facebook fans to read your article. Obviously for the first few posts you won’t have any of these but as your blog grows so will your following.
3. Write AT LEAST one article per day that you can use to publish on someone else’s blog. This is known as guest blogging and is one of the most effective link building and traffic strategies available. Within the article, link back to the blog post you published earlier in the day. This will ensure every post you publish gets link love.
Read this article on how I find guest blogging opportunities and approach fellow bloggers to publish my content.
4. Turn your published blog post into a video and publish it to YouTube. Link back to your blog in the description and encourage viewers to visit your blog.
5. Once your blog post has been indexed on your own blog, submit it to article directories such as EzineArticles.com and GoArticles.com and link back to your blog.
6. Leave a few comments on some of the most popular blogs in your market and include a link back to your blog or a specific blog post.
7. Participate in forums related to your blog leaving a link back to your blog in the signature.
The above seven strategies are nothing new. You’ve definitely heard of them all before – but if you apply yourself every day and complete each task, your blog will grow and grow and grow at a faster and faster rate.
For example, if you have one guest post published per day that sends just 5 clicks each per day to your blog, then after 100 days you’ll be getting 500 visitors per day from just your guest blogging opportunities. Plus, each backlink will move you up a few places in the search engines.
You’ll also have 100 YouTube videos sending you traffic, you’ll have 100 articles published on article directories sending you traffic and backlinks, you’ll have hundreds of blog comments sending you a trickle of traffic and you’ll have hundreds of forum posts sending you traffic.
You’ll also be building a bigger email subscriber database, bigger Twitter following and a bigger Facebook following meaning every email, Tweet or post you publish will result in more traffic to your blog.
Plus, as your traffic increases, so will the number of people who share your content on social networks like Twitter and Facebook which will have a positive impact on your search engine ranking. Plus, the more traffic you get, the more chance of a rival blogger reading your content and deciding to link to you from their blog increasing your ranking and traffic.
This is a simple business model that, if you follow, will generate you passive traffic and earn you passive advertising revenue and affiliate commissions.
And the best thing of all – it’s really, really easy to get somebody else to do this all for you so you can simply sit back and watch your traffic and your income grow.
Sidenote: Download this 155 page guide called Outsourcing Blitzkrieg that reveals how you can outsource pretty much any task really, really cheaply.
1. Each month, create one premium piece of content that is designed to get talked about, get linked to and get shared on social networking sites. These pieces of content can take longer to create, but a well created, well executed piece is capable of getting 10,000+ visitors within 24 hours and providing an incredible long term positive impact.
This guide called Trophy Pigeon reveals how Chris Munch created a piece of content that generated over 100,000 unique visitors and an insane number of powerful backlinks.
2. Add more monetization to your blog. Optimize your Adsense placement, create posts like “Top 10 Gifts For…” and link to affiliate products, create an “Offer of the Month” page and link to a special offer, create your own products and sell them to your subscribers and blog readers, promote affiliate products with your email list and much, much more.
3. Publish a press release to promote some of your more unusual or interesting blog posts. This is often free and can get you lots of backlinks and traffic.
4. Keep learning blog promotion strategies and implement new methods to promote your blog and your blog posts.
5. Encourage experts in your market to submit guest posts on your blog. This will enable you to get completely free content, take no time on your part and you’ll often find your guest authors will promote your content to their audience giving you more traffic and greater exposure.
Eventually, you may be able to reach a point whereby:
- You have so many people wanting to guest post on your blog that you have a constant stream of new content that you don’t have to create or pay for.
- Google loves you so much that every new post you publish is indexed instantly and put on the first page of Google for the target keywords.
- And you have such a big email list, Twitter and Facebook following that you just need to notify them of a new blog post to get a huge instant surge of readers.
ProBlogger.net has reached that point.
90% of blog posts published there are from guest authors. It has over 160,000 email subscribers, 33,000 Facebook fans and 150,000 Twitter followers. Every time a new post is published, each of these subscribers, fans and followers is notified – that’s nearly 350,000 people. Plus, Google loves it and ranks ProBlogger content at the top of the search engines.
It requires minimal upkeep and pulls in an incredible amount of traffic and revenue.
And there’s nothing to stop you doing the same in 2012.
This may be my last contact before Christmas. I’m going back up to London on the 22nd until approximately the 30th to see my parents, sisters, grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins for the first time in over 2 months and I can’t wait.
I don’t intend on doing any work so, if you celebrate Christmas, I’d love to wish you a very happy one, a fantastic New Year – and I can’t wait to help your business grow in 2012.
P.S. If you enjoyed this post and you’d like to give me an early Christmas present, then a Tweet or a Facebook share would be more than enough
Today I have some really exciting results from an experiment I ran. My initial results aren’t extraordinary, but it was a half assed effort just to test out a unique list building strategy I discovered. I also did a lot wrong so my next campaign is sure to be more successful.
I say I discovered it, but it was actually something I learned from Eric James and Bruce Boretsky with their new special report The Lincoln List.
I recommended this product a few days ago and said I’d share my results using the method once I had some data.
I now have that data and in this blog post I will reveal the exact details of my list building experiment, what I did wrong, what modifications I’m going to make, and how you can use The Lincoln List method yourself to get crazy traffic, rapid influxes of new subscribers and mega affiliate commissions.
Unfortunately it would be a bit unfair of me to share exactly what the traffic source is since I’d effectively be stealing it from Eric and Bruce but I’ll share details of the traffic I received and the number of subscribers I generated and then you can make an informed decision as to whether or not to invest in getting yourself a copy of The Lincoln List.
Here we go…
On Tuesday December 13th, approximately one hour after reading through the Lincoln List, I set up my first campaign.
I paid just over $18 and in exchange I would receive 8,000 clicks. I decided to send traffic to a really short squeeze page that gave away a free report called Automatic List Building Machines – a report about list building, surprisingly.
You can buy traffic in 1,000 visitor batches and you can select the location of each set of visitors. For example, it’s $4 per 1,000 US and UK visitors, $3 per 1,000 Australia, NZ, Ireland visitors, and $2 or less for visitors from other locations such as India. You can also buy “Proxy Traffic” – I don’t know what it means but it is only $0.40 per 1,000 visitors so I bought 2k worth of traffic from there.
From inside the dashboard of this traffic source it’s showing that it has sent 8,140 visitors. Google Analytics is showing me 6,710 visitors to that page and my Aweber web form is showing 9,142 unique displays so we’ll just assume approximately 8,000 visitors saw my squeeze page.
Of those 8,000 visitors I had 111 form submissions which is around a 1.3% conversion. However, only 43 of those email submissions went on to confirm their email address so I ended up with 43 confirmed subscribers.
So, for my $18 investment I received 43 double opt-in subscribers. Not sensational, but certainly not to be sniffed at.
Plus, I didn’t notice much difference in traffic quality between the US/UK $4 per thousand traffic and the $0.40 proxy traffic. This means I could now go and spend $40 and get 100,000 visitors using just proxy traffic.
And believe me I’ll be testing this shortly. In fact, I can’t wait!
Here are a few things I think I did wrong, and a few adjustments I’m going to be making in my next campaign which I will be setting up ASAP. (I’d of done it already but I’ve been travelling the country visiting family and preparing for Daisy’s birthday in a few days and this is the first chance of been able to get on my laptop).
1. Here’s how the traffic arrives at your page. They click a link which is supposed to take them to a destination, but before they reach the destination, they arrive at your page. They have to click “Skip this ad” to continue their journey. I was simply showing people my standard squeeze page, but a more eye catching page that grabbed their attention would have converted MUCH better.
2. The traffic you get is real human beings from all walks of life and with different passions and interests. The chances are, only a tiny fraction of them knew that list building on the internet even existed, and even fewer would know why it was so important. That’s why my opt-in rate was so low – no one was interested. A more generalised offer that would appeal to more people (think weight loss, money making, health etc) would have yielded a better response. I’m getting ready to set up my weight loss campaign tomorrow.
3. If I wasn’t using double opt-in I would have 111 subscribers instead of 43. Aweber don’t allow me to use double opt-in, although I believe I can request it and they can either accept or deny. If they deny perhaps I’ll set up a second account with another autoresponder company and try using single opt-in.
This is a really exciting method that can deliver huge volumes of traffic really, really quickly. Take a look at my Google Real Time Analytics after my campaign went live.
My first campaign got me 8,000 visitors and 43 new subscribers for a cost of $18.
My next campaign is going to do much better using the knowledge I’ve gleaned and the mistakes I’ve made and I can’t wait for it to go live.
If you think this is a method you’d like to try then pick up a copy of The Lincoln List for yourself.
Sorry I couldn’t be more specific about the method but I think it would be out of order for me to buy a product and then instantly go and share the method with my subscribers.
I hope you understand and thanks for reading.
In 2012 I’ve decided to add a new method of income to my online arsenal. It’s something I’ve just started doing in fact.
While I love building email lists and I love selling my own products – I want some form of income that is COMPLETELY PASSIVE.
So what I’ll be doing is setting up really simple websites or blogs promoting HIGH TICKET physical affiliate programs.
I’m talking the kind of offers that pay $500+ commissions with just ONE sale.
There are a number of advantages to promoting high commission products.
1. You DON’T need to generate huge amounts of traffic.
If you’re promoting a product paying $20 commission and it converts at 5%, then 100 visitors per day will make you $100.
If you’re promoting a product paying $500 commission and it converts at just 2%, then 100 visitors per day will make you $1,000 per day. That’s 10x more.
Plus, from my research (learning from others promoting high ticket products) I’ve found that conversion rates don’t differ greatly between high ticket and low ticket products.
2. There ISN’T a lot of competition.
While everyone else is promoting the supposedly “easier sell” lower priced products, you can swoop in with the luxury offers targeting a specific market and pick up $500 per sale or more.
Just a few days ago I set up my first site promoting a high ticket product – actually over time it will grow to promote a number of related products starting at $300.
The first product I’m promoting costs $14,256. I’ll earn about $1,000 when I make a sale.
Just one sale per week and I would be earning a full time passive income.
Plus, imagine seeing that email notifying that you’ve earned $1,000 – or logging into your account and seeing it right there in front of you.
Now I want to share a few ways you can find these high ticket products you can promote so you can start earning four figure commissions.
1. Few people realise that Amazon sell many products that are over $5,000. Choose a category you may be interested in promoting and sort by Price: High to Low.
There are products over $100,000 (but I wouldn’t suggest promoting them!) and many over $5,000.
Here’s one product that looks like it would be fantastic to promote.
The P3ProSwing Pro Indoor Golf Simulator
It costs $4,599 so at a 7% commission you would make $322 per sale. Plus, I just did some searches with Google’s Keyword Tool and you could target the below keywords and convert that traffic into sales.
Indoor golf simulator – 1,600 searches p/m
home golf simulator – 1,300 searches p/m
golf simulator reviews – 1,000 searches p/m
pr3proswing golf simulator – 210 searches p/m
A quick note on Amazon commissions. The higher quantity you sell, the higher your commissions. For example, sell one product a month and you’ll earn 4% but if you sell just seven items you’ll earn 6% and your commissions will continue to increase up to 8.5% if you sell over 3,131 items. For that reason I suggest you also promote some low priced offers to increase the quantity you sell and increase the commissions you earn on the big ticket sales.
2. Search for “luxury” items and services on Google. For example search “luxury vacations”, visit the top sites and look for affiliate sign up info. Or search “luxury watches”, visit the top websites and join their affiliate programs.
3. Last night I purchased access to 61 high ticket affiliate offers paying $100 to $10,000 per sale. The affiliate programs are in all kinds of different niches like dating, fitness, golf, forex, health, green, hot tubs, internet marketing, jewelery, real estate, self help, travel and many more.
There are some fantastic offers in there and so if you want to promote high ticket affiliate programs then pick up this database for yourself.
Click Here To Download It For Yourself
That’s one thing I’ll be doing in 2012 to ramp up my income. I will of course still be updating this blog (even more so next year hopefully), I’ll be building my email lists and I’ll be selling my own products.
One more thing before I sign off…
The key to profiting by promoting high ticket products is to set up a simple review website and then to get it ranked at the top of Google. To get it ranked in the top spots you need to build backlinks – but there is a lot of conflicting information on what types of backlinks you should build, where you should get them from, how many you should get, how quickly you should build them, what anchor text you should use and much more.
That’s why I’m so glad Peter Garety has released his brand new special report called Strategic Link Building. It’s a step by step link building system based on FACT rather than myth. Follow his plan and you will start climbing up the search engines in no time.
I’ve got my copy and I’m going to be going through the link building strategies over the next few days and weeks.
Click Here To Download Strategic Link Building
What do YOU have planned for 2012 to make it the year you REALLY succeed?
Thanks for reading,
As you may well know, I released my brand new guide late last week. It’s called Affiliate Sales Army and nearly 250 customers have snapped up their copy already and the feedback has been fantastic. You can read the comments so far here.
Affiliate Sales Army reveals how to approach potential affiliates to make sure they promote your product – even if you have no existing relationship with them. Plus, I share twenty places to find potential affiliates capable of sending you tens – or even hundreds – of sales.
There’s just one problem…
I know a lot of my subscribers don’t yet have their own product to sell. That’s why I’ve prepared this article revealing one of the easiest ways to create your own bestselling product – even if you have no knowledge or experience in that market.
Super Easy Product Creation Idea
Ask The Experts
This is a fantastic way to create a product easily, quickly and to build rock solid relationships with the big names in your market. Plus, once the product is created you’ll have a ready-made affiliate sales force.
With this method you find one of the most common and most desperate questions in your market. You ask that question to some of the biggest names in your industry, and you compile their answers into a special report.
For example, Jason Fladlien used this strategy in the internet marketing industry recently. He, along with his partners Wilson and Dean, posed a question asked by desperate internet marketers daily to 26 of the internet’s biggest superstars.
“You need to make $500 in 24 hours from scratch – what would you do?”
A fantastic product that customers are desperate to buy. Plus, you can be sure that each of the 26 contributors will promote the product to their subscribers resulting in a huge number of sales right off the bat.
Click Here To Take A Look At $500 In 24 Hours For Yourself
This product creation method works in ANY market. Here are a few examples:
Weight Loss: You need to lose 10lbs in 10 days – what would you do?
Anti Aging: You need to look 5 years younger in two weeks – how do you do it?
Relationships: You have three days to get your ex back – how do you do it?
Making a success of this product creation method requires just two things:
1. Identify a desperate question
There are two really easy ways to do this.
Firstly, visit the most populated forums in your market. Look at the thread topics and see which questions are being asked most commonly and which are yielding the most discussion. (Anyone who’s ever been on The Warrior Forum will have seen the “Help! How can I make $xxx in xx days” threads. That’s why Jason’s $500 in 24 Hours product will sell so well.)
Secondly, and this is probably the best way, visit Yahoo Answers, navigate to the most relevant category to your market and look at the most common questions. For example, I went to the “Hair” category to see what I could come up with. It seems the most common question is: “How can I grow my hair longer/faster?”
2. Find the experts
Locate the authority bloggers, the email list owners and the physical book authors and get in touch with them. Explain that you simply need them to answer the question in 500 words or less, that it will take them no more than 15 minutes, and that they can put a plug for their website or products at the end. Then explain that you will be selling the report and you expect to sell x number of copies.
And then you just have to take the answers, compile them into a PDF and start selling your product. You could even be a bit cheeky and ask some of your contributors to offer a bonus to bolt on extra value.
If you really do identify a desperate question and you secure authority figures in your market to answer that question, then your product will sell itself.
Make sure you set up an affiliate program so that your contributors can promote the product to their subscribers and readers – and use the strategies inside Affiliate Sales Army to find more affiliates and convince them to send you sales, too.
If you don’t have a product yet or if you don’t think you are capable of creating a product that people want, then use this method and you’ll have a bestseller on your hands in no time.